Why Write? Part I

I apologize that I was unable to write yesterday. It was such a very busy day. How was your day today? My day was good. Very profitable.

I was thinking of reasons to journal, write, and express. I came upon a salesperson who stated she never had time to write and did not know what to write in a journal.

I cannot imagine not knowing what to write! I write about everything. So I decided to discuss it a little on my blog.

I often hear people saying that they do not know what to write about. Go outside, view nature, and write down what you see. Pick out an object. How did it get there? How long will it be there? Will it change? Describe what you see in detail. Use your senses to provide you with words. Take a moment to breath. What do you smell? what do you see? What do you feel? What do you hear? Draw a picture of it. Write it down.

Congratulations!! You have just completed your first journaling page! I would love to hear some of what you have written...

Let me share a little about what I did yesterday. You should know that I am inspired by nature. This inspiration (along with others) fuels my writing, and creative juices. My husband and I went walking in the woods. The crush of crispy leaves beneath our feet was a welcome introduction into the lovely fall season. This is my most favorite season of the year. I absolutely love sweaters, wool, boots, fireplaces, and hot tea. I would like to share with you some of the pictures we captured depicting the motivation natures offers the human mind...


Living in Asheville, North Carolina truly enlightens the senses. Who can deny the beauty of the mountains spread against an endless sky...

(Click on the pictures to get a closer view)
Please share what motivates and inspires you! I'd like to hear from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am excited to hear your comments, suggestions, and/or advice!

The Journal Archives