"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Enthusiasm: Great excitement for or interest in a subject or cause.
I really like this quote from Emerson. There are so many things I want to achieve in my life that are not yet accomplished. These are very simple things actually-no great feat, no grand goal-just simple things. I often wonder why some of these things are not yet done, and I realize that it is because, I have not found the enthusiasm to do so.
Enthusiasm is the mother of motivation.
These are some tips to getting enthused!
1. Write a list of what needs to get done.
2. Prioritize your list.
3. Select the top 5 projects in order of importance (or less if you have really large projects).
4. Break really large projects into smaller projects.
5. For each task that needs to be accomplished, write a bulleted list of how you will feel once this project is complete.
-Will you feel relieved? Happy? Stress-Free?
6. Picture yourself smiling once your project is complete.
7. Complete your project and smile!
The more you write about something, the more your mind begins to analyze and work out problems. Writing is the laxative for mental constipation.
Are there some things you haven't completed due to the lack of enthusiasm? Feel free to share your thoughts about Emerson's quote.
Enjoy your day!